Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The one where I talk a lot about food

Things have been so crazy hectic lately! First, thanks to everyone who delurked. Most of you I know because you're awesome and have already commented at least a time or two, but Janelle rocks for really, truly delurking. It was cool to find out who at least one of you are.

As for the rest of you, even if you didn't choose to say hello, I'm still glad you stop by. And a note for the person who keeps finding me by searching for "g!rl un.buttoned jeans," please try this instead: "ru!ned wedd!ng dress ok!ahoma" (of course, with the correct letters in place of the exclamation points). Or you could try "4 day$ in Hawa!i." Either of those are MUCH more flattering ways to get here.

And on to the updates ...

Work has just been getting busier and busier. Thursday night I worked pretty late, and Friday night, I worked even later. It was exhausting. This week is actually supposed to be the "hell week" before things die down. I'm hoping it really does slow down after this. These extra hours are really adding up (and I don't get overtime)!

Piper has been acting better at work (thank goodness!). I've made her start sleeping in her crate again instead of on my bed. That way, if she's not so used to being around me 24/7, she won't become a whimpering punk when I walk away from my desk. It seems to be working. I've also made sure she always has a bone to chew on during the day. She stays pretty occupied that way. And gassy. But at least I'm the only one who complains when that happens.

My weekend went by fast. I slept in until 10 on Saturday, then lazed around a bit the rest of the morning. That afternoon, I ran a ton of errands. I sent a care package to K, got my name changed with my cable company (finally), and went in search of a few things I need to complete my living room, which I'm redoing (pictures to come later!).

I ran a few more errands before meeting up with Brit (a friend from work) and a friend of hers from high school (they're the girls I spent New Year's with) for appetizers and bellinis at Johnny Car!no's, which I know I've mentioned on here before is my absolute FAVORITE.

We hung out for a while and met up with a couple other girls to continue stuffing ourselves, this time with Mexican food and margaritas for dinner. We were actually supposed to go dancing after dinner, but you all know how I really feel about dancing, and you all know what it takes to really get me dancing. And since I was driving, that wasn't going to happen.

Plus, we had waited so long for a table at dinner that by the time we ate and were able to leave, it was close to midnight. With the slow pace of the night leading up to that, I just wasn't wanting to suddenly pick things up and try to get into dancing. Brit gets queasy pretty easily after hardly any alcohol, so her one margarita had left her feeling ready to go home. We called it a night, which I wasn't disappointed about.

I went to church Sunday morning. ER's family is in town right now, so I sat with her, her sister and her mom. We left immediately after the sermon and headed to lunch, which I hadn't realized was going to be with ER's entire family. I knew all but about 4 of them anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. ER's grandma told the 4 I didn't know that I'm pretty much part of the family. :)

After lunch, ER, her sister, her mom and I all went to see 27 Dresses. It was a pretty good movie. It wasn't the "oh-my-gosh-I'm-buying-this-as-soon-as-it-comes-out" chick flick I'd hoped it would be, but it was a cute movie. My opinion of it may have been slightly skewed from the beginning, since it turns out ER's mom likes to sit in one of the closer rows to the screen. ER's sister commented during the previews that she was glad we weren't seeing an action movie, so I guess I wasn't the only one who was feeling dizzy being that close to the screen. And who knows, the movie might have been absolutely perfect if I'd been about 10 rows back.

The rest of the day was somehow filled with more errands, but I did manage to find some time to just relax on the couch. I didn't make it to the gym all weekend, but I decided it was OK since I was pretty productive and needed the down-time.

Today we celebrated one of my co-worker's birthday at work. The day was filled with all kinds of totally unhealthy food. It was awesome.

And then I attempted to work out at the gym tonight. I just couldn't get into it. I had no energy, which is when I realized I really hadn't eaten anything good for me all day, and I just felt disgusting. I was frustrated at myself, and I completely understood what GFF means when she talks about feeling gross after unhealthy food. I usually have pretty good willpower when it comes to crappy food, but for some reason, today it all just snuck up on me. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't eaten cheese enchiladas at lunch. Or if I'd had time to eat a real dinner, other than microwave soup. And I'm sure the piece of the lunch brownie with whipped cream, the piece of the yummy chocolate chip bread my boss made, and the two mini-pastries I tried that we had in place of a birthday cake didn't help either.

I never thought I'd say this, but I never want to eat that much crap in one day again. Here's hoping tomorrow is MUCH healthier. And includes meat somewhere in there.

3 comments:

Paige said...

I know what you mean about unhealthy food, it is like I can feel the calories weighing me down!

Katrina said...

I can always seem to talk myself into dessert, even when I know I don't have room for it and will have that raging sugar headache afterwards. (But the chocolate, the chocolate!)

I want to see 27 Dresses, but since Paul and I are going to see a movie Thursday (which requires the stars to align and a good babysitter to be available), I'll probably either have to go with girlfriends or resign myself to waiting for the DVD.

s said...

i totally know what you mean about the unhealthy food! i hope work doesn't kill you this week :) and it sounds like you had the perfect weekend with your friends, bellinis and mexican, i'd be in heaven.