Sunday, April 18, 2010

Back in the working world

My first week of work is done, and so is my first working girl weekend. Geez, these things fly by!

K and I got a lot done outside the house this weekend. I'm adding people who enjoy gardening to my list of People Who Are Crazy, right alongside wedding planners (I've struggled with whether or not people who like to cook should be on there too. I'm still leaning toward yes.). I spent way too much of a fabulous day ripping weeds from the flower beds. The worst part is knowing I'll have to do it all over again in a few weeks. I'd just as soon kill off the entire flower bed and start over -- only I'm pretty sure the weeds (like cockroaches) would survive. *sigh*

K was awesome and washed, waxed and detailed both our cars today. Turns out my car is supposed to be red, and the entire is actually pretty luxurious. Who'd have thought?

Now that I've got myself a job, I also decided I've got myself a good excuse to go shopping. I managed to find quite a few good deals this afternoon, so I'm looking forward to dressing for work next week!

On that front, I'm enjoying my job, but that's to be expected a week into it, right? I was worried the first few days. It was the usual, "Everyone else is really busy, and I don't know what I should be doing ... They're going to realize they don't need me and fire me," which is common at the start of a job. I'm still waiting on my login information for my computer (seriously, why don't they start working on that crap as soon as a person accepts the job?!), but I was able to get quite a few things done last week. And my supervisor actually thinks I'm a great writer!

New clothes, creative workplace, productive days ... Having a job again is nice!

1 comment:

L said...

That sounds so nice. I can relate to having those same feelings at a new job. I hope I can get a new one soon myself!