Monday, April 19, 2010

Maybe I had an influence on her?

I was talking to my boss this morning when something caught my attention: Her nails were painted purple!

When I complimented her on the color, she told me she'd decided to treat herself to a manicure, and she wanted to do something other than the standard pink or red.

Even though last week was my first week of work, I had braved it and wore my purple polish all week. Since she's a member of the Purple Polish Fan Club, I told my boss how I'd repainted mine twice for the callbacks because I was worried they'd give the wrong impression in my interviews.

My boss, who is probably in her 40s, told me she'd actually worn hot pink tights and black boots to her interview! She said she realized it was inappropriate when she arrived, but it was too late to change (I guess her interview was last-minute?).


Anyway, I really think I'm going to like this job. I had a really busy day today, and tomorrow promises to be the same, but I'm excited about the projects I've got coming up. It's still early, obviously, but I really think this is going to be a really great fit! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay! I'm glad that it has started off well.

My cousin Anna just got home for a few days - wearing purple polish. I thought of you as soon as I saw it! :)