Monday, April 05, 2010

The low-down on interview #4

I had my fourth interview with the potential job last Friday. This time, I met with the director. I think it went well, but not as well as the previous three interviews. After all, I'd pretty much answered all the same questions three times before in the previous interviews. My answers were starting to feel canned.

The woman who had given me the phone interview has actually been through every single interview with me so far. I found myself saying more and more, "I've already told [woman] this, but ..." I really think she could just do the interview FOR me by this point!

When it was all finished (this one only lasted about 20 or 30 minutes), my interview buddy told me she thought it had gone well. We'll see.

I had lunch with her and the man I'd had the second interview with. It was nice and relaxed. They asked me if I had any questions about the job.

Of course I do: What's the salary? How many vacation days do you get? Is telecommuting OK from time to time? Are there still others in the running at this point?

I wasn't sure if either of them was the appropriate person to ask, and if so, whether it would be a bad idea to ask in front of the other person. I stuttered around for a minute about how I had questions, but I wasn't sure if they mattered yet (or something like that). I said I felt I had a good grasp of what the expectations and responsibilities of the position are. They were pleased with that response.

When lunch was over and we parted ways, they said they'd be in touch early this week. We'll see what that means. I haven't met the janitor yet, so maybe interview #5 is in my near future. :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Maybe the janitor would be able to tell you the pay. I can't believe that they haven't told you that after 4 interviews! Absolutely crazy. What kind of HR do they have there?