Friday, April 09, 2010

Geez, I did take a lot of pictures!

This is taking forever, so here are more from the North Shore, a lagoon, a sunset mai tai cruise, a fun dinner in Waikiki, and the Dole Plantation.

From a prawn stand on the North Shore



Pipeline






The lagoon CG took us to.






I took this in the car, but I'm sharing it because this is a glimpse of my heaven: acres and acres of Hawaiian pineapple, just waiting for me to eat them! 



What may have been our favorite thing we did: the sunset mai tai cruise! 



See the lighthouse in the background? We have a picture of it that I took when we hiked to see the lighthouse on our trip in 2007 hanging over our fireplace.


Us with our matchmakers!



Waikiki Beach


Turns out you can make friends very easily on a boat with an open bar!


CG and I drove the boat for a minute.


(My favorite sunset picture is in my Hawaii in bullets post.)



The sunset cruise let us off in Waikiki Beach. To get back to the streets, we had to walk through a hotel on the beach. We were feeling pretty good, and we also kind of needed to stop to break the seal. A hotel to the left of us had restrooms outside, so we went up to them. The doors were locked, and a hotel worker informed us we need a room key to get inside them. K pretended to be looking for his!

Just then, the women's bathroom door opened. I briefly considered grabbing the door as the woman walked out, but I typically follow rules. Plus, the woman who exited the bathroom immediately caught my attention. 

When she walked away, I turned to K and CG. "Guys! She's famous! She's an actress! I KNOW her, but I don't know her name. Did you see her?!"

They hadn't, so they didn't know her name either. Joe had caught up with us by that point, so I told them all to take a quick look when we walked by. Only she was packing up her things and had turned toward her husband and child (I'm assuming that's who they were, anyway) when we passed them. Dang it!

As CG and I walked together, I was still reeling from my sighting. "It probably wasn't even her," I said, "but it looked just like her!"

"The actress?' said someone behind me. I turned to see a hotel worker. "Last name is Harding or something. It's her."

!!!!

Thanks to my awesome description on Facebook and my cousin, who was just as determined as I was to find out who it was, I now know the celeb was Marcia Gay Harden. K, CG and Joe still had no idea who she was. Not exactly an A-lister, but still! I'll take it. 

Time for food! 



Crazy flavors! Believe it or not, I picked pineapple relish. :)



And time for more drinks, of course! 
(My eyes weren't red from all the drinks -- I was buzzed, but not that much! I was exhausted! It was only an hour or two after this that I was making myself stand up in an attempt to stay awake. It was a long day, and the time difference was killing me!)



The next day, we went to the Dole Plantation. Mmm!




So many types of pineapples!





Time for a Dole Whip! I couldn't decide between option 7 & 8 or a standard Dole Whip with pineapple topping. The standard one won out, since it promised me even more fresh pineapple. I'm a sucker for it!





Whew! The good news is I'm to the evening of Day 5 now, which means I just have a few dog beach pictures and a ton of pics from K's and my amazing trip to the Big Island. 

Hopefully I haven't bored you to death with my vacation slideshow, but I've really tried to show just some of the high points in pictures. I just got too many good ones!

1 comment:

Pink Sun Drops said...

So I guess between studying and trip planning I missed that you were going to Hawaii too! When did you go? That would be ridiculous if we were there at the same time!! I love that I recognize all your different pictures. So fun! Except for the macademia nut farm. We've always opted to stay at the house at the last minute when we've wanted to venture over there.