Thursday, April 01, 2010

Best holiday ever! (and some blurbs)


Today is G___ Day. It's the first one K & I have spent together since we got engaged, so it's nice to have our own little holiday tradition. We celebrated by enjoying two things that had been on our minds since our trip to Hawaii: Forgetting Sarah Marshall (since it takes place in HI) and pizza (since we didn't eat it while we were on the island).

We mixed some champagne and strawberries with it. Nice, laid back, and completely awesome.

*****************************

A couple weeks ago, I discovered kettlebell classes at our gym. They're fantastic. I actually missed them while we were on vacation. I went tonight. Awesome workout. According to my heart rate monitor, I burned 592 calories. I'm totally going to be a regular to that class! 

*****************************

K & I have a 10-mile run to do in just 9 days. I'm worried I'm going to keel over & die in my attempt to finish. I dragged myself out for a quick 2-mile run today. My first mile was done in 7.5 minutes. Granted, I was at a faster pace when I started that first mile, but whatever. My time for the entire run was 16:40. I thought I was going to die; I have no idea how I didn't. (Burned a couple hundred cal there too!)

*****************************

Tomorrow's my big 4th interview. Hopefully it goes well, although at this point, it seems that just qualifies me for another interview. We'll see!

2 comments:

L said...

Love that you have your own holiday! I just noticed that we got kettlebells at my gym, too, although I'm not sure if we have classes yet, but I'm going to look into it - that's a lot of calorie burning!

Anonymous said...

You two are so damn cute that I can't even stand it!

Cannot wait to read all about HI. And the pictures! Hurray!