Saturday, December 02, 2006

Crazy busy day

Today has been a really fun day. I've gotten to do all the things I really like doing with K -- basic, everyday things that I don't get to do with him often because he lives so far away (and because he's been gone the last few months).

Tonight, several of his friends are coming over to hang out. We're also going to watch the Big XII championship game. YAY! It's a Welcome Home, K/Big XII watch party/Happy birthday K's friend party. I'm looking forward to it. People should start getting here anytime.

For the record, before the game begins, I'd like to say I'm excited about it for several reasons:
  1. I wasn't expecting OU to be in the Big XII championship. Thanks to last week's events (texas losing and OU beating Oklahoma State), we're there.
  2. I like Nebraska. We played Nebraska at their stadium my freshman year. It was the coldest I've been in my life, but their fans were so nice. Nebraska won (they were ranked No. 1 in the country), but it wasn't a shameful loss. Nebraska fans came by us in the band and kept complimenting us, thanking us for driving all that way and telling us it was a good game and they enjoyed hearing us. The week after the game, our band director received many e-mails from Cornhusker fans telling us how much they enjoyed us. One person even signed his letter, "lifelong Cornhusker fan, new Pride of Oklahoma fan."
  3. If we lose, I won't have to be sad for the above reasons. It'll be a good game, I'm sure. And if we have to lose to anyone, I'm glad it might be Nebraska.

Boomer Sooner! (And good luck, L!)

P.S. My story of K's welcome home ceremony is coming soon. Probably tomorrow.

1 comment:

L said...

aww, thanks for saying nice things about us. You guys played a good game. We definitely did not!! Good luck at the Fiesta Bowl!