Friday, December 22, 2006

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

You probably can't tell by looking at my blog, but I like the way it looks too much to risk messing it up by changing it. You should see my MySpace profile, though. :)

I've gotten very little sleep the last few days getting ready for everything. Three nights ago, I was up until 1 a.m. making my cheesecake for the office. Two nights ago, I was up until 2 baking cookies for Christmas presents for my boss and a co-worker. That night, I also wrapped all my presents and got that done, and I set up iTunes. That was a major reason for staying up late. And putting an additional dent in my dwindling bank account. But hey, I needed some more Christmas music to listen to while I was wrapping and baking.

And last night, I was up until 2 again. I made a cheesecake for my family this time. ER came over and kept me company while I was making it. I felt like I hadn't seen her in forever! We listened to Christmas music and updated each other on things going on. She told me about the Christmas lights at Frisco Square and how cool they are. She couldn't believe I hadn't been, being the huge Christmas fan I am. Since I'm not going to be here this weekend, we hurried and finished the cheesecake, and off we went to see the lights. They were definitely pretty cool. I wish I'd found out about them earlier because I totally would've taken K to see them. They have quite a few events on weekends, too, like watching Christmas movies outside at night on huge screens. That would be so much fun, and right up my alley!

After that, we went back to my place and exchanged gifts and hung out a bit longer. We made plans to hang out next week. I'm excited. When ER left, I started packing for my weekend in Oklahoma. Then, I burned myself a Christmas CD that I'm listening to at work and will most likely torture my brother with in the car on the way to Oklahoma.

I took pictures of my Christmas decorations at my apartment, and I'm hoping to post them tomorrow. Until then, my schedules pretty packed: work; picking up my brother from the airport; stopping off at my apartment to load my car with presents, luggage and cheesecake; and driving to Oklahoma.

It's gonna be another late night!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful holiday, and get some sleep!

L said...

Wow, I hope you can get rested up before you go back to work next week. I always seem to have late nights around Christmas too. There's just so much to do! Wish I could taste your cheesecake. It looks delicious!