Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Proof we just go together

Thursday night, I was on my way home from ER's for our weekly girlie dinner and Grey's Anatomy time when I called K. He and two guy friends were supposed to be coming to stay the weekend with me. K hadn't been to my place in four months, and the other two guys had never been. I was headed home to clean my apartment from top to bottom and decorate it for Christmas.

The problem was that I've had this desk picked out for several months that I want for my room. I had to use my new printer last week, so I finally broke it out of the box it's been sitting in while patiently waiting for me to buy my desk. Well, I'm getting the desk for Christmas. Actually, I'm getting a gift card for the desk so I can buy it myself without my mom having to mess with buying it and wrapping it and I won't have to mess with hauling it from OK to Dallas when I could just buy it here to begin with.

So I called K and asked him to do me a huge favor. See, the problem is that I am my mother's daughter. Anytime someone would come over to my house who hadn't been there about 50 billion times before, we had to scrub the place from top to bottom, and everthing had to be in order. I realize K's friends would not have any less fun in Dallas because my printer is on my kitchen table because I don't have my desk yet, but I didn't want it there. I explained all this to K and asked him to tell me I'm being ridiculous worrying about it because his friends wouldn't care.

K's response: "I love you."

Rather than telling me I was being stupid or psycho worrying about it, that was what he said. I was thrown off. I asked him what made him say that. He said, "You're absolutely right." He told me the guys wouldn't care that my printer was on my table, but he knows I care about my place looking nice. He's just anal enough, he said, to understand where I was coming from.

The fact that he knows all those things and understands that I know it shouldn't matter but it still does, and all he has to say about it is, "I love you"? I'm pretty sure he's perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely perfect.

Courtney said...

:) you are hostess-a-phobic too!! :)

K sounds awesome.

a tall sassy gal said...

I am just like you everything has to be in order even if the guests do not care. How sweet K is!