Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The weekend that went too quickly

K came to Dallas this weekend. He was able to leave Louisiana early enough to make it here in time for dinner. I needed it, since my day started off not so well. We went to a great Mexican restaurant and stuffed ourselves and had margaritas. It was relaxing and fun and funny and great.

Saturday, we went shopping all day. I got some Christmas shopping out of the way, and we got to do something that other couples get to do all the time but we don't because we live far apart. I love doing things like shopping or laundry with K. It makes whatever it is I have to do that much better because he's there.

Anyway, K got me this necklace last year for Christmas. He got something where I get it cleaned and inspected every six months, and as long as I keep up with that, if a diamond falls out, they'll replace it for free. The mall we went to had that jewelry store, unlike the mall closest to my apartment, so we got that done while we were there. After the worker took my necklace and told us it would just be a couple minutes, K said, "Gee ... I wonder what we could look at while we're waiting in a jewelry store with nothing to do?" He walked over to the engagement rings, but I looked instead at all the birthstone jewelry in a different section. Of course I wanted to go look at rings with him. But I didn't want him to think that I had decided to get my necklace taken care of that day so we would have to look at rings. I didn't want it to be a "while we're here ..." thing. I didn't want him to feel like that was what we had to do. (I did tell him that later so he wouldn't be confused as to why I seemed uninterested in looking at rings.)

We went to Best Buy, which for K is like going to a toy story is for most kids. It's kind of adorable. We were there for quite a while before heading back to my place for dinner. Then, one of my high school guy friends came over to go with us to a piano bar. ER met us there soon after.





This trip was so much more fun than last time because I wasn't worried about K -- he was there next to me, rather than being in some foreign country surrounded by people who might be trying to kill him. With ER and my friend Justin there, it was just a blast.


We sang at the top of our lungs and laughed at each other, and at one point, I even danced with K -- to "Sweet Home Alabama," our song. :) As the night went on, the pictures got goofier.





Justin doing his hipster impression. ER looks speechless!













Trying on ER's glasses ... K is looking slightly drunk now.











I didn't get the "be goofy" memo. ER totally snuck into this picture!












We're fun kids.










K even got called on stage a couple times since he'd just gotten back from Afghanistan. I had nothing to do with that. (riiiiiiiiight)

















Sunday was spent just lying around doing laundry and watching movies. It was the best weekend I've had in a long time.

3 comments:

s said...

awww sounds like a perfect weekend!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! :) You have SUCh gorgeous hair. And you look really hot in those glasses. Like sexy-librarian-ROWRRRR hot!

I have to say, I think military men in general are a bit more eager to get married and less commitment-phobes compared to the general population. I think it has something to do with putting their lives at risk and realizing their vulnerability, and wanting to share their lives with The One! Also, there's some terrific financial benefits :) H & I actually got engaged after 6 months and everyone said we were nuts. But over 4 years later, here we are!

a tall sassy gal said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. And you know I love Sweet Home Alabama.