Monday, August 21, 2006

My first weekend as a 23-year-old

Rachel came in on Friday, and ER and CG and Joe met us at my apartment before we went to dinner at a fun, laid-back restaurant. They brought me this yummy, warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on top.



the girls before going out to dinner










the yummy cookie!








Rachel and me enjoying it





Then, we went out to my favorite bar here. It was really fun. I wish K had been there to celebrate, too, but we had a great time.




























The next morning, K called me from Kyrgyzstan. He was going to be flying out to Afghanistan that day. He said the weather there was great -- about 70 degrees, he said. He seems to be in good spirits, so that's nice. I miss him already, but I'm really excited about when he comes back. Missing each other definitely won't hurt us any. It seems like things will only be better!

So while we were out at the bar Friday night, we'd seen this girl wearing a really cute dress ER and I both liked, so I complimented her on it. The girl proceeded to tell us about this really awesome store where she got it -- for really cheap. Naturally, we made plans to go on Saturday, and we did. I got the most adorable, Charlotte from Sex & the City dress. I even found a cute little bracelet to go with it!















































I needed to find some shoes, obviously. I went to DSW's and used my gift card I got for my birthday on the most adorable shoes! They only cost me 26 cents! :)












Noodle got busted playing inside the bag. For some reason, he really likes getting in plastic bags ...










He's pretty worn out from his weekend of eating and sleeping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun night! Okay you have to share... what's the store?? Cute dress! Very I'm the girl and don't you forget it :) hehe.

s said...

love the dress, the dressing room looks identical to the ones at a store up around here called anthropologie-maybe i have a shopping problem ha.i'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday and great friends to share it with.

Courtney said...

Happy first weekend of 23!! :)