Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So much news ... so many emotions

  • CG just called me to tell me she's moving to Oklahoma. Joe is getting back in the Army, and they'll be stationed there for 6 months, and then they'll move to Georgia for 6 months before going who knows where.
  • Rhett Bomar, OU's quarterback, was kicked off the football team today. I think this is actually good. He has a bad attitude and obviously has no integrity, since he was getting paid for a job he wasn't doing (thus, the reason he was dismissed, since that's against NCAA regulations). Besides, Paul Thompson can handle the position, and I'm glad he will get the chance. He's a nice guy, unlike Bomar.
  • There is a tropical storm moving in on the Florida coast. Bummer for our trip this weekend. It won't get there until we're leaving, but it'll probably mess with the weather a bit.

Anyway, all these things are crazy news, and I was notified of them literally one after the other. The first two are big shockers. The last one's kind of a bummer.

I'm very sad about CG, too, though. See, now I won't be within 45 minutes of her anymore. I'll only be living near one of my best friends now. I'm still lucky for that, I know, but it doesn't look good for me and Dallas. I'm still going to work on that. But I wanted CG to be my maid of honor someday. It'll be hard if she's living in Georgia this time next year. :(

How am I supposed to be productive at work with all this stuff going on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have never commented on your blog before but occassionally read it. What you feel about Dallas is I think exactly how everybody who comes out of a college town university feels (I came out of Virginia Tech and absolutely hated Atlanta when I moved here). But once you find a couple of friends to hang out with...it should get much better. Try and volunteer in areas you are interested in...its a great way to meet like minded people.

Good luck with everything else and like somebody else mentioned..life is too short to be unhappy about anything.

Cheers
Rohith

NatD said...

Boomer Sooner!!!

Don't worry, the team will be fine. And if we don't go to a BCS this year-so what? You know Stoops will have the boys whipped into shape by next season (our last one w/A.D.-*sniff*) and we'll be championship bound!!!

Tuck Fexas!!!