Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My new best friend

So I guess this is how it's gonna be until K gets back. My cell phone was everywhere with me before, but it's everywhere with me now. It's always driven me nuts to see people at the gym with their cell phones, talking while they're "working out" (sorry, but you can't do cardio while you're on the phone!). My phone had never even been in the gym with me. Now, it comes. BUT I don't talk on it unless K calls, which hasn't happened yet. If and when it does, I will stop my workout and leave the gym.

I was nervous at church on Sunday that K would call during the service and I'd miss it. I had my phone on silent, but I knew I'd be so sad if I looked at my phone after church and saw I'd missed his call. I was hoping God would help me out and keep that from happening since I was there for Him. Luckily, God was on our side.

K called me last night at about 12:30. It was so good to hear his voice! He sounds like he's doing well and in good spirits, which makes me happy. We both miss each other like crazy, but like I've said before, that definitely won't hurt us. I really just want to see him for even a minute and give him a huge hug. That would be nice.

We talked for about half an hour. K told me that he looks at the little photo album I made him every night before bed. He said it was the perfect gift to give him right before he was leaving. That made me feel good. After we got off the phone, I was a little teary-eyed for a few minutes, and then, somehow, I went to sleep. I slept really well. It was good to hear from him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you two and wondering how it's going!! I know it's so tough. I have so much respect for you! The photo album was such a terrific idea. I will definitely be coming to you for advice when my hubby goes to OCS for 17 weeks :( Boo. xoxo