Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another reason to be glad I'm leaving my job

I promise to post a happy blog post tonight about last night (my day did get much better!) and about my weekend.

My wisdom tooth (bottom left, thanks for asking) has been coming in over the last year. I remember it being pretty sore during football season of 2005, but my other wisdom tooth (bottom right) is the one that's been coming in and giving me grief every once in a while over the last year.

Saturday, though, I noticed my gums were a little tender by my bottom left wisdom tooth, and by Sunday, my gums around it were swollen and sore. Yesterday was a little uncomfortable, and today is pretty painful. In fact, the pain has shot up to my ear. Ick. (Bless you, inventor of ibuprofen!) Luckily, this should only last another day or two before it just randomly (thankfully) goes away. That's how it's been in the past, anyway.

It would be great if this stayed true to past wisdom tooth experiences. If I had dental insurance (or benefits, period) at my current job, I'd say screw the three weeks' notice and get this taken care of now. However, since I was yanked around for over a year before I finally became a full-time employee, I still don't have benefits. I became full time last September, and you have to be full time for three months before you're eligible for benefits, which meant I would have been set this month. Only I decided to give my notice that I was leaving for this new job.

The new job that's closer to my apartment, has cooler hours and that loves me enough to give me benefits after being there only one month. Which means that in March or April, I'm getting these suckers yanked out!

No comments: