Friday, January 19, 2007

Sometimes I'm so sneaky & smooth

From a phone conversation with K this morning.

K was singing. I decided to join in, but realized he was singing a different song than I thought.

Me: "Oh, I thought you were singing Blur."
K: "'Song No. 2'?"
Me: "No, it's 'Song No. 9.'"
K: "No, it's 'Song No. 2.'"
Me: "No. You're wrong."
K: "No I'm not! It's 'Song No. 2.' Wanna bet on it?"
Me (doubting myself, for good reason): "Okay. If I'm wrong, you have to buy me something small and sparkly."
K: "If you're wrong?"
Me: "Yes. And if you're right, then it also has to be something shiny and round."
K: "Ooooookay."
Me: "And if we're both wrong, it has to be really sparkly. Deal?"
K: "Deal. You didn't give me a time limit."

In case you're wondering, K was right. It is "Song No. 2." And I didn't give him a time limit on purpose. I'll hint heavily, but I'm not going to pressure him too! :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

oh, soooooooo smooth. ;)

a tall sassy gal said...

I love it!