Friday, January 26, 2007

Tomorrow's the last day!

I cleaned out my office today. I took down all my pictures, and I cleaned out my drawers. I even took home my Kleenex box. All that's left are my Clorox wipes so I can clean off my desk for the next person. Well, that and a granola bar and some gummy bears. I mean, c'mon -- I still have to work tomorrow. I'm going to need snacks.

After I had taken everything down, I did one other thing in another part of the building before I left for the day. As I walked through the hall, I found myself smiling. Instead of being sad or nervous or suddenly hit with dread, I was smiling. I was excited. I'm sure tomorrow will be sad, and I'm sure Sunday and especially Monday will be full of butterflies. But right now, I'm looking forward to my new job.

I'm looking forward to the dress code, meeting new people, the environment of the new office, the much closer distance from my apartment and the higher paycheck. I'm looking forward to walking out of work for the day at 5 p.m. FIVE p.m.!

Through all my frustrations and the parts I didn't like so much, it's been not so bad. I'e met some great people, and I'll have a great addition to my resume. It's been a great experience, but it's time to move on to the next chapter.

And I'm excited.

1 comment:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Higher paycheck and closer to you! Can't beat that! CONGRATS!