Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm totally stealing this pose for my next 'candid' photo

So this is how Beyonce arrives at the Golden Globes.





(Photo from MSN TV, entertainment.msn.com)












I'm sure she was just jutting out her hip to -- in a more lady-like way -- try to squirm out of some underwear fiasco that we can't see under that tight dress. And I'm sure she's only scratching at some terrible itch in the middle of her bare back, which is why her hair is thrown seductively to one side. Her hand is probably on her hip for balance, right? And that serious face is due to her intense concentration at trying to get rid of the itch without breaking a nail.

I mean, with lyrics like, "You must not know about me," -- totally hate that song, by the way -- anyone can see Beyonce has some serious self-confidence issues. That's why I think my analysis of the pose is closer to the truth than that she just is so full of herself that she actually intentionally positioned her body that way.

After all, everyone else merely waves at the camera, smiles over a shoulder (Charlize Theron), gives the peace sign (Lindsey Lohan) or blows a kiss (Lindsey Lohan, again). Who would Beyonce think she is to just waltz onto the red carpet and strike some weird "See? I shaved my armpit! Now kiss me!" pose?

Just be careful where you are when you're scratching next time, Beyonce. Those paparazzi are everywhere!

4 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

I agree with you. I really do not care for her at all. But I kinda like the song if I think about someone else singing it, then it is funny.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious :) I was seriously wondering about these pics of her I've been seeing, and now I know why, it was her itch bothering her! heeeheeehee

Anonymous said...

I so hate that song too! Like flip the radio as fast I possible can before it gets stuck in my head hate. Bleh. She cannot possibly be that full of her self to have a song talking about how whatever guy she's with is totally replacable without her having to do any work at all. I'm over it. I'm over her and her goofy itch scratching pose.

Katrina said...

ROTFL about the "underwear fiasco". Who among us hasn't experienced one?