Saturday, January 27, 2007

I am officially unemployed

Well, sort of, but only 'til Monday.

Today was a good day at work. I actually managed to not cry at all. I did get teary-eyed a couple times, but no crying. In college, I got really good at dealing with things by pretending they didn't happen. I think I must have done that today. Or I'm really excited about my next job.

My co-workers today brought me flowers, and they had a nice all-day breakfast spread, complete with a fruit tray and muffins. I love fruit!




























One of my co-worker who is a huge texas longhorn fan made sure I noticed that the plates were "crimson" for me. (Red was close enough, and it's the thought that counts.)

Later in the afternoon, there was chocolate cake as well. I'm sorry to say there is no photo evidence of that. When there's chocolate in the room, my priority becomes consumption, not taking photos.

All in all, it was a good last day. But you know how I'm looking forward to getting off work at 5 and Fridays being the easiest day rather than the toughest? Well, leave it to my last day to make sure I'm extra glad of it: On my last day of work, I raked in some overtime. Yup, I was definitely there until 7. At my new job, I'm pretty much never going to have to stay later.

I'm going to love this new job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Hooray for you! Good luck on Monday!