Monday, January 29, 2007

We've got a bedroom set (chosen, anyway)

K's bedroom set is really terrible. It's awful. It's nickname is Caesar. It's this black laquer furniture with this ugly gold scroll ... really, it's awful. He said it was the nicest the store had when he bought it, which, given the city he was in when he bought it, I believe him. He really needs a new mattress, and he's been ready to get rid of Caesar for some time. So this Saturday, we went shopping.

K had never been to Ikea before, and one of his friends had just gotten a new bed from there. K hadn't seen it, but his friend thought he got a pretty good deal. We went to Ikea and were looking around the beds. Ikea is great. It has some really cute things, and ER's apartment is primarily decorated in Ikea furniture. It's adorable, but it's not quite my taste. I asked K if this bed was supposed to be something that will be his just to replace his current set, or if he was looking for something more longterm. He said both. I asked him if this was supposed to be something I was going to share, too, and if I was supposed to help him choose. He said yes. There weren't any beds there either of us were crazy about, so we decided to go to a few other stores the next day.

That night, we met up with ER and her boyfriend. They are seriously the worst double date couple ever! We'd gone out with them once before, and it was the same, but we thought maybe it had more to do with the fact that it was like 25 degrees outside and it had been icy all day. That kind of makes you tired. We gave them the benefit of the doubt, and we shouldn't have. They work pretty closely together every day, so they kept talking to each other about work and all these other things, rather than talking to us. As K said, it was like they were on a date, and we just happened to be there, too. Bummer.

What really sucked is that ER had told me she was getting dressed up that night, so I did too. We were both wearing heels, lacy tank tops and cute jeans. It was Saturday night! Well, ER and her boyfriend announced at 8:45 that they were ready to leave. Granted, we'd met them for dinner at 7, but the reason we went where we did was so we could have dinner and drinks afterward. Instead, K and I wound up heading home at 8:45. All that was for nothing!

Sunday, K and I went to several different places, and I absolutely fell in love with this bedroom set. What's really great is that K loved it, too. I totally wanted to buy it right then, but it doesn't really make sense to. K would have to get it to where he is in Louisiana, and he's just going to be transferred to another base at the end of the year. It wouldn't make sense to move it twice in 8 or 9 months. I just hope they still have the set then!

We did pick out a mattress together, and it's so comfy! K really needed a new one, so I'm glad he'll have a more comfortable bed. It'll be weird to have his bed be more comfortable than mine!

Of course, doing all those things together made me really wish we were living in the same place.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oooh, I love that bedroom set. We're trying to pick one out too, but all we could decide on was the mattress. We're getting a California King on Saturday!

L said...

Love the sleigh bed. Good choice!

a tall sassy gal said...

Man that is beautiful!!! And I know what you mean..it also makes you wish you were getting married soon. I refuse for us to buy anything nice right now b/c I want to do that as a married couple.