Tuesday, August 28, 2007

But I only missed three days!

Dear gym,

I have spent many hours visiting you over the last few years. I've seen you when I was sick, I've seen you when I was well. I've visited when I was stressed, and I've visited when I was elated. I've stopped by for short visits, and I've stayed for a couple hours. We've been through a lot together -- times of
triumph and humbling times of flat-out embarrassment.

I'll admit, three days is more than the usual gap in our visits. But this was a very busy, productive weekend! I had a
scrapbook to start on and a dog to entertain. I was exhausted, and I really wanted to get to bed early last night. But I visited you anyway.

Yes, it had been three days. But that was no reason to be so hard on me. I really worked to get to where I'm at, only to have you laugh in my face after a short absence.

I wanted to let you know that I'm visiting you again tonight. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I'd really appreciate it if you would take it easy on me this time.

Sincerely,
MLIB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart the gym, too, yet I still find it absolutely obscene how long it can take to get into shape and how absurdly quickly it takes to lose it.