Monday, August 13, 2007

So I might be getting a dog ...

I feel like I wasn't very productive this weekend, but now that I think about everything I did, I was pretty busy.

Friday night, a few of us went out for a happy hour after work for Br!an's going-away. I got home and was so tired from my week that I went to bed at 10:30. I didn't wake up until 10 the next morning (I did talk to K for about a half an hour when he called me at midnight, so I at least didn't sleep that whole time, right?). Jeremy called to let me know he was going to the gym at noon.

I hate going to the gym in the middle of the day. I had a lot of things to do, and if I waited until noon to work out, I'd get that much later of a start. I asked Jeremy what he was going to focus on in his workout: full body. Ugh. I couldn't resist that.

I got a few things done in my apartment before I went to the gym. I got a good workout in, and then I headed home and showered so I could start my list of errands, which included Wal-Mart, Target and going by our reception site for the Dallas wedding to pay a 25% deposit -- ouch.

That night, I hung out with ER and her boyfriend. We made dinner and watched a movie. I'd mentioned to ER how I'd told K if he deploys, I'm getting a small dog. ER got really excited. She has the greatest West!e ever. He's 13 years old, and she's had him since he was a puppy. She loves dogs. After dinner, she started searching dogs in our area. I found a couple that I really like. One is a Yorkie mix, and the other is a Cocker Spaniel mix. I emailed about those two and a couple others. We'll see what happens.

I hadn't planned on looking for a dog already, but it was fun to search through the ones online. Hopefully it'll work out to where if I am selected to adopt a dog, everything falls into place about the time K finishes his training before Labor Day weekend. That way, he can meet the dog with me. I don't want to pick one out without him seeing it first. After all, it'll be his dog too.

This morning I went to church and to lunch with ER, her grandma and her aunt. Immediately after lunch, we went to a friend's apartment for her sister's bridal shower. ER and I didn't really know her sister, but she basically eloped with a guy she'd only known three months, and none of the family was invited. Our friend was left to throw her sister a shower in a city three hours from where her sister -- and her sister's friends -- lives. It was a pretty nice shower, though.

After that, I came home and enjoyed just chilling out on my couch. I finally caught up on blog reading, and then I headed to the gym again for a nice cardio workout. Since then, I've been doing laundry and straightening up around my apartment.

It's been a pretty tame weekend, but I think I needed it. And since next weekend is my birthday weekend, I'm sure I'll be glad I (sort of) took it easy these last couple days.

1 comment:

s said...

i love dogs, i had a cocker spaniel, lady, for 15 years. such a great dog.