Monday, November 06, 2006

Busy weekend

Friday night, I went to the gym and did some legs and 30 minutes of cardio. I got a pretty good workout in! Then, I went home and vegged for a bit. Pretty tame night.

Saturday, I met ER at the mall. I went to American Eagle, and my lovely shoes weren't so lovely in person. They barely cover your toes, and I don't like ballet shoes like that as much. I was kinda bummed, but I wound up finding some at Aeropostale that were even cheaper. I even found a cute crimson sweater, which I've been wanting to find for a long time. It was also on sale.

We had lunch with ER's sister and her fiance. ER's sister is a good friend of mine, too, so it was fun. All of us -- including the fiance -- were in band together at OU. After that, I chilled at home for a while before heading to Jeremy's to meet up with our OU watch group. The game was pretty close, but it's tough to play at Kyle Field. We led the whole game and beat Texas A&M 17-16. What's cool is my boss, an A&M grad, had made a bet with me last week that if OU won, he'd wear an OU shirt and hat to work on the day of my choosing. If OU lost, I'd have to wear an A&M shirt and hat on the day of his choosing. I guess I'll be asking a guy friend if I can borrow an OU shirt!

Sunday, I got invited to go to the NASCAR race with a friend whose family had an extra ticket. That was pretty fun. I wish Tony Stewart hadn't won -- I don't really like him. I wanted Kasey Kahne to win. He was actually in second putting on a good show a few times about to pass Tony Stewart, but his motor blew with like 6 laps left in the race. Bummer.

It was really cool, though, to be at the track and think, "Someday, my brother could be doing this." I can't wait for that to happen. I'll be the proudest sister ever!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats on the win!!!

Unknown said...

Yippee! Sounds fun! I've never been to a NASCAR race, I've heard they're nuts!

So sad about the shoes, they were sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Aeropostale! Race tracks are so much fun - I can't imagine how awesome NASCAR would be to watch!ht