Sunday, November 12, 2006

We're totally sneaky

ER and I left early Saturday morning to head to the Land of Greatness (a.k.a, Norman) to surprise her sister and Danielle. Since ER's parents just moved, they had to miss the last home game of the year, which is also the senior game. ER's sister and Danielle are both seniors, so we decided to surprise them by showing up on Saturday morning at their rehearsal.

It worked perfectly because ER was originally going to have to work. She found that out last August, and it was something she probably wasn't going to be able to get out of, so her sister has known all season that ER wouldn't be able to make it. Well, we found out last Monday ER would be able to get out of work for Saturday. We still played it off, though, like she couldn't. ER and I got together Friday night and bought some goodies to surprise the girls with. She called her sister while we were running errands and told her again that she was sorry she wouldn't be able to make it. ER stayed at my place that night, and we got our gifts all together and made the girls both picture frames.

On the way up on Saturday, I called Danielle to wish her a happy senior day. She was disappointed I wouldn't be able to make it up, and she asked if ER was coming. When I told Danielle she had to work, she was disappointed about that, too. About an hour and a half later, ER and I showed up at rehearsal. Luckily, ER's sister and Danielle were on different sides of the field. We stood on the sidelines in front of ER's sister for about 30 seconds before she spotted us. Her jaw dropped to the ground, and her eyes welled up. Right then, the director had them move to another set, which gave ER's sister just enough time to run up and give ER the biggest hug. It was awesome.

Then, we headed over to Danielle's side of the field. She took a little less time to see us, but her reaction was pretty awesome, too. Her jaw also dropped, and she did a classic little Danielle happy dance. She ran up to us and gave us both hugs and said, "You guys tricked me!"















I made a special shirt for the game, since it was Veterans Day. The front said Boomer Sooner, and the back:















I totally sent a picture to K. :)

ER and I sported OU tattoos for the first time ever. Don't we look festive?















I owe the inspiration for the new fashion statement to Jef, who highly recommended I wear a giant double-T (the Texas Tech icon) down my face. I think the OU looks much better, myself.

Especially since we won. Sorry, Jef! ;)

8 comments:

Phats said...

A double T thong?! OMG!

BOOMER SOONER! nice win it was a pretty good game at least. That's awesome that your sister is in the band! I was a Purdue Cheerleader, we loved our band. On our senior day they all get to hit the big drum.

I'll add OU to my picks on Friday. :)

my life is brilliant said...

While ER's parents refer to me as their "adopted Oklahoma daughter" -- and ER and I are so much alike we could pretty much be sisters -- I don't have a biological sister. It was ER's sister we went to see. But both Danielle and ER's sister are close friends of mine.

Phats said...

haha my bad! What does she play in the band?

a tall sassy gal said...

Glad you had a great weekend. And I liked your shirt. And you team won unlike mine who got embarassed by Georgia.

chirky said...

I love surprises - this sounds like a great one!

my life is brilliant said...

Phats: She plays the mellophone.

Jes: Yes, it was a great surprise. ER's sister said it was one of the best days of her life. :)

Courtney said...

What a cute shirt!!! Where do you get those?? SO CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt! And yay for OU wins and UT losses! What a fantastic weekend! Boomer Sooner!