Monday, November 27, 2006

Counting down!

Thanksgiving was great. I've been crazy busy since I got back to my apartment yesterday. I haven't had time to blog about everything yet, but it will come. For now, the important part:

I got a call from K this morning. He's out of the combat zone now, and he's in Kyrgyzstan. He'll be back in Louisiana at about 1 p.m. Wednesday. I worked it out with my boss so I can leave Tuesday night after work. I'll have to work from K's apartment Wednesday and Thursday morning, but that's nothing to be able to be there when he gets home. Besides, by noon on Thursday, it's the weekend for me! K has a two-day pass, so it'll be a four-day weekend for him.

I have all these plans for K. I already went to Wal-Mart and bought some Miller Light. I know K's been missing that. I bought ingredients to make my Reese's peanut butter cheesecake, so I'll make that tonight. I'm going to go back to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up a small Christmas tree and some lights to decorate K's apartment. Hopefully we'll have time to run K's truck through the car wash, but I think it might rain, so that might scratch those plans.

I went to a wine tasting in June with ER, and there was this really good peach champagne. K loves peaches. I'm going to get a bottle of that for the weekend and also a bottle of this other kind of white wine we tried at the end of the tasting. It was my favorite! I'm also going to get some as Christmas gifts.

CG is going to drive down tomorrow and stop off at my apartment to pick up the spare keys to K's apartment. She'll drive on early because she hates driving at night. She'll take care of washing his bedding probably, since I'll get there late Tuesday night. Then, we'll decorate his apartment together so it'll be all festive when he gets home!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

4 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

SO happy for you!! That's really special for him that you're making every moment count.

Anonymous said...

Ohmigod! I'm so excited for you. He is going to love everything you've done. Oh! You should get him a stocking too, so Santa can leave presents for all the good little boys. He is one lucky boyfriend. Enjoy your time together!

s said...

i can't even imagine how excited you are! it's going to be one of the best weekends for you and i'm so happy!! i hope you can make it through the rest of the week.

Courtney said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness!!!

I can't even imagine how excited you are!!!!!
:) :) :)