Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Stuffy

I totally have a cold. I probably shouldn't have come to work yesterday, but 6 years of working for your dad makes you think you can work through anything. I pretty much only miss work if I actually get sick (read between the lines on that one to see what I'm trying to not say because I'm a lady) that morning while I'm getting ready.

Today, I'm actually not feeling sick like I was yesterday. My head just feels congested, and my nose is definitely stopped up. Kleenex is my best friend right now.

The weird part:
Remember a couple weeks ago, when my wisdom tooth was crowning and killing me? Well, I mentioned it to the other girl in my department who's my age (among a few other co-workers -- Hey, it hurt!), and she suddenly mentioned her teeth hurting. Well, she's been full time longer than me, so she has dental insurance. She went to the dentist the next day and got an appointment to have the suckers removed. Two days later, she was wisdom tooth- (and pain-) free!

Well, yesterday, I came to work sick. Later in the day, she opened my door and mentioned how she was starting to feel sick in her throat. I told her that mine had started with my ears feeling funny and with my head being stuffy and kind of hurting.

This morning when I came in, she told me she thinks she has tonsilitis, so I need to get to the doctor today. She'd looked in her mouth this morning with a flashlight and saw that she had white spots on her throat. Well, I've had tonsilitis before, and my lymph nodes were really swollen then. They're not right now. And my throat doesn't hurt.

I'm not quite sure if tonsilitis is contagious, but I definitely know I haven't kissed anyone in three months (from today, actually, since that's the last time I saw K), and I don't drink after people. I'm pretty sure I just have a cold or something that's not a big deal and will eventually go away on its own.

But guess who left work today at 12:30 to go to the doctor, then took the rest of the day off?

AND GUESS WHO'S STILL AT WORK?

I'm a loser. (And my co-worker must have good sympathy pains or something!)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm totally sick too. Blah!!!!

a tall sassy gal said...

Aww hope you feel better real soon.
And you are not a loser you are a good employee!

Phats said...

Hi!
Sorry you're sick, hope ya feel better! A guy on the Purdue basketball team played with tonsilitis