Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hope is not lost

Thanks for the comments after my disappointment about the dress. I was really sad when it didn't fit! I had been so anxious and, honestly, a little nervous about it all day, so I didn't realize how much I wanted it to work.

What I loved about the dress was that it was soft, light and flowy, which is what I want my dress to be for the Florida wedding. What I really loved about the dress is that it was $109 (On sale today for $55, which means the shipping would've been way cheaper if I'd ordered it today, but whatever. That's my luck with this dress.).

Since I only want to spend $500 at the most on my dress for our "real" wedding in Dallas, I want this one to be somewhere around $100 -- $150 at the most, if possible. Thanks to Jes's suggestion, I checked out J.Crew, where I found another gorgeous dress ... for $250. I won't be buying the dress, since it's a little more than I want to pay, but it has renewed my faith in the search for the dress. And at least I know if the dress hanging in my closet didn't work, there's definitely a better one out there!




















******************
UPDATE!!!

Okay, so I just found this other totally perfect (and pretty similar to the first one) dress, and it's only $100. Yay! This one is also only online (what's up with that?!). I very well may order this dress tonight.


3 comments:

Liz said...

Sorry to hear about the dress. But there are lots of dresses out there and you will find the one that is just perfect for you!

Anonymous said...

Oooooo la la. I like the update: Very Sexy.

Anonymous said...

i love those dresses, especially the second one. shopping for the dress can be a hassle, but you will know it when you try it on. it's amazing how that happens.