Tuesday, June 12, 2007

*Sigh ... the search continues

I left work tonight and immediately met ER at P@rty C!ty to get some things for her sister's bachelorette party this Thursday night. I was starving and anxious to try on my dress, so I was pleased the trip took less than 10 minutes -- maybe even less than five. I hadn't expected that.

We came back to my apartment to have dinner and watch TV. I tried on the dress.

It wasn't good.

The problem is, I don't really have curves. This dress does nothing to hide that. It doesn't look bad, necessarily, but it doesn't look good. It does this weird bunching-up thing under my left arm where the dress zips. And the dress itself just kind of ... hangs there. Which isn't good for a wedding dress. Even if it's just the smaller ceremony, I still need a wedding dress.



















A bride is supposed to look spectacular on her wedding day. For that to happen, she has to feel gorgeous. I didn't feel gorgeous in that dress. I felt disappointed. I told ER, "Well, it makes sense, I guess. It's not like you expect the first wedding dress you try on to be the one."

Since ER and I ate dinner later than I usually do, that meant I wouldn't have time to let my food settle and still make it to the gym. I was ready for ER to leave so I could just lay around and relax -- maybe get to bed early.

Once she left, though, I just felt lonely and sad. I wanted the dress to work. And I want to talk to K, but he's at We$t Po!nt in meetings. It's hitting me that I have over a month before I get to see him again, and that's adding to my crappy feeling.

At least with all the free time I'll have on the weekends, I'll have plenty of time to keep searching for my Florida dress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you get it taylored? Like taken in around the middle to create a waist? Maybe find a really good push up bra to create some clevage? Or just eat more cookies! That will give you some curves. And everyone loves cookies!

Anonymous said...

Ha. I love Karen's suggestion. EAT MORE COOKIES! Spoken like a true woman.

I don't remember that silver sash-y thing in the photo from the web. I'll have to go back and look.

Have you tried JCrew's site? They have some pretty "wedding"-ish dresses.

Main Wedding/Party dress site

One I like.

Another I like.

Another I like.

Okay, fine, I like almost all of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I know you wanted it to work, but the bright side - and there is ALWAYS a bright side - is that you know what won't work for you. Now you know what you will want!

Don't quit!

~Jef