Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm pretty much the toughest girl ever

My wisdom tooth surgery was today, and (knock on wood!) I feel totally fine! I really don't feel like I had surgery at all. My jaw has felt so cramped for so long that it really feels better today than it has in a long time -- not to mention the fact it's been pretty much constantly swollen anyway. I heard the nurses talking about how swollen my gums were around one of my teeth this morning when they were looking at my x-rays.

ER drove me to the appointment, and she was the best nurse ever. Her boyfriend stopped by my apartment to drop off some lunch for her, and when he walked in, he said, "Wow! You look really good!"

I had no makeup on, and my hair was in a messy ponytail. I had one of those ice pack things wrapped around my head. "Liar!" I said.

"No, I'm serious! When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I was swollen and puffy, and completely out of it. ... Do you remember the drive home?"

I told him I did. And then I thought about it. "Actually, no. I don't!"

ER told me that just before they put me in the car, the nurses told me I couldn't have Coke for three days. She said I got a really sad look on my face and said, "Really? No Coke? Three days?"

She said I asked her like five times on the way home, "Are you sure I can't have Coke?"

When we got home, I just crashed. ER woke me up to take my medicine, and I crashed again. I had to wake up 45 minutes later to take a different kind of medicine, so I stayed up and talked to ER all day. We watched some of season one of Sex and the City and talked about her sister's wedding. We looked at the pictures from it, and we talked about my wedding(s). I showed her my wedding dress, and she loved it. It was really cool to just sit around with her all day and hang out. We hadn't done that in a while.

I'm hoping tomorrow goes as smoothly (and painlessly!) as today. I'm sticking very strictly to the rules, so maybe that's the trick.

In other news, I talked to K today, and we booked a minister for our ceremony. I'm really excited. I had really liked her (yes, it's a woman) when I spoke to her earlier this week, and since it's not just my wedding, I wanted K to have a chance to talk to her too. He liked her as well. Yay!

And the best part about today (even better than hanging out with ER all day and eating Oreo-flavored pudding -- YUM!):
THREE MONTHS FROM TODAY I'M GETTING MARRIED!

5 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

3 weeks ...I am so confused I thought you were doing it in September did I miss something??

Glad your mouth is going so well.

I am thinking you were still drugged up and meant 3 months. :)

my life is brilliant said...

Oops ... good call! :) It was late, and I took some pain medication just in case. I'm still tough though. lol

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you this, but day 2 and 3 are the worst. I hope it's not that bad though. Of course technology has changed since 1989.

~Jef

Chastity said...

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I LOve wedding talk! Also, good luck recovering from your wisdom teeth surgery. I didn't have wisdom teeth, some kind of genetic defect, so I can't relate exactly, but I've seen people go through it and it looks rough.

Courtney said...

YAY!!!!! 3 months!!!!!

Hope your mouth is feeling ok!