Friday, June 08, 2007

Three weddings and countless band geeks

My leg is doing better today, but it's still pretty sore. I think I feel like I'm 50 today, which is a great improvement from feeling 80 yesterday.

Work has been slow, so it's given me a great opportunity to browse around for information on our Florida wedding plans. I've emailed several companies in the Pensacola/Destin area and in Seaside. A couple people have actually recommended Seaside, but no one from there has emailed me back yet. I did speak with a woman in the Destin area, and she told me that the beaches in Destin and west are "whiter and prettier" than those in Seaside. I've never been, so I don't know. Way to confuse me, lady.

Thirty people seems to be a lot for a beachfront wedding. I've asked about chairs, since those don't seem to be included in most packages for beachfront weddings. The anti-Seaside lady told me most people prefer to stand at beach weddings, since people in the back often can't hear when they're seated. It just seems like it'd be so much less organized that way -- like a blob of people elbowing to get closer.

And if we do have chairs, how does that work? Do we put people's names on the chairs, or let them fend for themselves? So many decisions!

At least K and I will be doing a lot of driving this week. It'll give us time to talk them all over.

Some college friends of mine are tying the knot in Norman tomorrow, and I'm way excited about going. I'll get to see so many people I haven't seen in so long. It's going to be a total band-geek freak fest -- and I can say that because, as you know, I am a band geek. You may not be aware of the extent of my band-geekness, though. Just please promise me you'll keep reading my blog after I tell you this:

I was in a band sorority in college.

I know, I know. *hides head in shame* If it makes a difference, though, I wasn't really into it. I only joined because all my guy friends were in the band fraternity. And I joined so I could meet girls. As friends. Because all my friends were guys, and even though all of them had girlfriends and the guys thought of me as their little sister, some girls are not okay with the thought of a girl being such good friends with a handful of guys.

Anyway, so I'm really excited for K to get to see everything that this wedding will entail. I'm pretty sure the colors are crimson & cream, because, c'mon -- what else would they be? I'm quite certain "Boomer Sooner" will be played, and "Oklahoma" may even be sang. Maybe even the "OU Chant," which is our alma mater. In fact, I'm sure it will.

The groom is the former president of the band fraternity, and the bride is former president of the band sorority. That means those songs and traditions will be brought in as well. I'm so excited K will get to see all of that and get a better idea of what a part of my college life was about.

Plus, I'll be in Norman! Since part of me is still dreaming about the idea of a Norman wedding for our big "official" ceremony either in May or once Kevin returns from Iraq, I'm hoping that after this weekend I'll either have my heart set on it and can work toward that, or I'll be fine with Dallas.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this weekend. We'll stop off and see my dad on the way to Norman, and then it'll be college reunion time -- with an open bar! Boomer Sooner!

1 comment:

a tall sassy gal said...

That does sound like so much fun.

Enjoy!