Monday, June 04, 2007

Proof God has a sense of humor -- and that you should never say never

It's been a while since I've ventured on here! I worked late almost every night last week, and I didn't even turn my computer on once I got home each night. I even worked late Friday night, despite the fact I had a five-hour drive to K's.

I left Friday at 7 p.m. K and a group of friends had planned a weekend at Toledo Bend, a couple hours from Shreveport. We rented out a lakehouse and bought plenty of food to cook out. It was a decent time, but I'll have to post about it later. I managed to leave my camera at K's, and I can't post about a weekend like that without pictures. Stay tuned.

K and I have been talking more about the whole Florida Plan B wedding thing. I really don't want two weddings unless he gets deployed, but at the same time, we want to be prepared in case he does. Just because we're told we'll know something in August doesn't mean we will -- and just because we hear one thing in August doesn't mean that's the final word.

K and I were planning to go to Florida in September anyway (we went last August since it's not too far from Louisiana) with a group of his friends. We'd planned on just turning it into a wedding trip if we got word in August that he would be getting deployed in November. The problem is, it would be pretty last-minute, and I'd have a hard time trying to call and plan all of that through the certain sobs that would follow after that news. If K and I went ahead and planned a small beachside wedding for the Florida trip, that would save all the trouble, and we'd be prepared in case he got deployed.

We started off thinking it would be just a quiet beachside event, with a few of our friends there. Once I got to thinking about it, I realized that would be my wedding, even if we do have our ceremony as planned or once K gets back if he's deployed. I can't get married without my dad and my brother there, and I'd really want ER there too. CG and Joe aren't too far away, so we'd want them there. And the list goes on.

I called my dad and made sure he and his girlfriend would be able to come. I called my brother. K and I talked to ER and her boyfriend, and we've been askign everyone else we really want there. They're all going to be there! If we do this, we'll probably have around 30 people there.

I've emailed three communities in Florida for information. Hopefully we get at least one helpful response.

Today at work, I even started looking up some dresses for the Florida wedding. I found two.























I like the first one the most, but the second one is an option too. We'll see.

What's funny about all this is that if we do get married in Florida, it will happen in September. I've said more times than I can count that I am not getting married during football season. Well, September is definitely football season.

I did, however, take a look at the game schedule before selecting our weekend. Labor Day weekend is out, since K may still be in training at that time. That meant Sept. 8 was available. That's the same day as the OU-Miami game. Not gonna happen. I'll be waaaaaay too distracted that day, and I'll really want to watch that game. For that matter, so will my dad, my brother and ER. September 15 is the next available weekend. OU plays Utah State. That one I can miss.

So Sept. 15 it is -- maybe. It's very possible I'll find myself planning two weddings at the same time, and both of them will be mine.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! So, you'd actually have TWO weddings? Craziness. But, hey, you'd get to be princess for the day TWICE! YAY!

And that first dress is REALLY pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the first dress best, because so do I!!! :)

Also, if you did it Sept 8 weekend, and since it would be a beach wedding, and since everyone would be coming from out of town, maybe you could have it on a day other than Saturday? It would be less expensive AND it wouldn't interfere with the game! :)

L said...

haha, i feel the same way about football season. i hate when people plan their weddings then!

a tall sassy gal said...

I have always said never about having a wedding during football season. It is funny how things work out.