Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Since you did such a good job with the voting for the dress ...

My wisdom teeth have been coming in for quite a while now. I've mentioned the pain they've caused in my blogs a few times.

Well, my lovely (not quite so new now) new job brought a fabulous thing into my life: dental insurance. This Friday, I'm having all four of those annoying little suckers removed from my mouth. I'll be relieved to have them out, but it'll be a crazy experience for a few days.

I'm guessing many (if not most) of you have had yours removed. Any advice?

(Please save all horror stories for after June 22.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really not all that bad. The doc will gas you up, you'll think the world is funny and you'll talk about bizarre things like that time the puppy went to the circus and bought a thai orchid, then delivered it to a cow after proposing.

My advice? Be sure someone videotapes it. There's certain to be some good blogging in there somewhere. ;)

Seriously, though, you'll probably not be able to eat much the first few days, at least in the way of solid food. It'll be a little tender, so keep ice cream and yogurt and applesauce on hand.

Be sure you have someone who can drive you to/from the doc's office, since you will be too loopy to drive yourself home.

And rent lots of movies.

a tall sassy gal said...

i gave you my advice already...call me if you need anything

Anonymous said...

I had mine out and was eating nachos two days later. Just make sure you borrow or get a small waterpik to wash out the sockets. Dry socket is BAD news.

~Jef