Monday, April 10, 2006

Drive friendly -- the Texas way

So I'm driving home from work tonight on this busy three-lane road in rush-hour traffic. (Actually, I guess it's technically a six-lane road with a median in the middle.) Anyway, I'm driving in the middle lane, and there's a car that has turned out of a shopping center and is waiting to enter traffic. Only he's pulled out into the right lane and the front of his car is halfway into my lane.

So I slow down and wave him forward. As I'm doing this, he remains there, blocking the lanes. I'm going at a slow enough speed and am far enough away that if he'd move, he'd be fine -- only the guy's a toolbox and stays there. I'm waving him more intensly now, saying, "Go, go go ..." because I'm not going to come to a complete stop in rush-hour traffic. So he raises his hands, like, "Why won't you let me go?"

Slightly angry because of this man's stupidity, I hit my brakes to come to a stop to allow the douche bag to get into my lane. To let him know that I'm frustrated because my good deed was greeted with his ignorance and rudeness, I gave a short honk on my horn. A moment later, he swerves in the lane as he shoves his hand out the window, flipping me off. He moved over to the left-hand lane. His windows were all down, so I rolled mine down as I passed him, and I yelled out the window, "Some chivalry there!" (Real insult, I know. But seriously -- I was being nice and he gives me TWO mean gestures!)

I stayed in my lane, and he went to get into the left-turn lane. He sped up and swerved straight at the back of my car as though he was going to rear-end me. He honks briefly as he's doing this, then he jerks back into the left-turn lane and flies past me.

What a jerk.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What a JERK!!!

Anonymous said...

What an ARSE!!! And I don't mean arse in the nice way, if there is a nice way.

chirky said...

dude. i think you must have been driving on the main street closest to my home. were you in Dallas? and, driving on Greenville?

next time, carry a paintball gun & threaten shooting his car with it.