Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Feeling better!

After I finished my post, I called K and talked to him while I was getting ready for the gym. Then, I actually went to the gym!

I rode the exercise bike because my friend who has the same knee problems as me for the same reason (growing too fast -- didn't you read my weekend post?!) told me her doctor said it was good to rebuild your knee after that. I was only going to ride for 12 minutes since I hadn't ridden a bike in about 7 years, but it wasn't so bad. I upped my time to 15 minutes, then 18 (+3 for the cooldown). I took it easy a bit, since my knee may not be ready to do everything the rest of my body wants to, but I still rode just under four miles -- on cascades, level 12. One good thing about the bicycle is that I could feel the burn in my butt, too. Nice.

I had a pretty good workout. I did some arm and ab work, and I did some more exercises on my knee. I didn't work out super hard or anything, but it felt good.

Then I came home and ate some double fudge brownie ice cream. And it felt even better. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that about your knee. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you're rebuilding it. Is it feeling better already?

Anonymous said...

My knee is feeling a little better, thanks. :) It feels a bit funny today, but that could be due to the fact that it was 90 degrees last week and is in the 50s this week.

This weather wreaks havoc on terrible joints! :)