Sunday, April 09, 2006

Fort Worth weekend

K and I had a great time this weekend. We spent some time by ourselves for an hour or so, and then we left for CG's. Once we got there, we just hung out at their place and had some drinks. It was fun to both be hanging out with one of our best friends. And it's funny seeing K and Joe together.

CG was not feeling well on Saturday, which was a bummer. We stayed around the house, and she took a nap for a bit to try to get better. While she was napping, we all watched The Skeleton Key. It was a good movie, I guess, but not by my standards. For me, I like a movie that ends my way -- where the good guy wins, the right girl gets the right guy, justice is served or you know it's just "happily ever after." Many people have disagreed with me on this stance over the years. For example, I swore after I saw My Best Friend's Wedding that I would never see it again because I hated the way it ended. My mom said, "Live doesn't always have a happy ending." Exactly! Life isn't always roses and peaches and happily ever afters. I prefer my entertainment to be positive and end positively. K and Joe both liked the movie, and K said he had never heard of anyone disliking a movie for that. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way about movies. Why on earth would you want to devote two hours to watching a movie, only to feel depressed by the ending?

So the movie really was, I guess... good. It just wasn't my taste. And I see no reason that I'll ever need to see it again.

Luckily, later that night CG was feeling a bit better, so we went to dinner at Olive Garden. Oh, it was good! We were so stuffed by the time we were done! We were too full to even go out afterward. We went back to their place and hung out more, which is really great. That's what K and I went to Fort Worth to do.

We slept in this morning and then went to lunch at Panda Express. I'm not a huge Chinese food fan, but it was good. We went back to CG and Joe's and played with Levi, their adorable chihuahua (I never thought I'd use those two words in the same sentence, but he is cute!).

































Then, we went to the mall and got our pedicures! It was nice, and now our feet look cute!

After that, it was time for us to head back so K could get home at a half-decent time. We cooked dinner together again, which was great. Another great weekend, gone way too fast.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I totally agree about the happy ending movies!!!

I pay good money to *escape* reality! Hello!!!