Friday, April 07, 2006

Fun weekend coming up

K is coming to Texas this weekend, and we're going to spend it in Fort Worth with CG and her husband Joe. I'm excited because we've never spent the weekend with them. Joe is one of K's best friends, and CG is one of my best friends, and we always have a blast hanging out together. There's a NASCAR (woohoo!) race there this weekend, and K is going to have some friends in for it. One of them, Walt, is he and Joe's old roommate. Walt is stationed in Korea right now, so K tries to see him whenever he's back in the U.S. So Walt and his wife will be here, and we'll probably try to meet up with them at some point.

Tom & Kristin, some other friends of ours, were also going to be in Fort Worth with Walt and his wife. CG and Joe know both couples, so K and I were hoping we could all get together and hang out or go out or something. But I talked to Kristin today, and they're not going to be able to come. They're moving to D.C. next week, so they're really busy getting things done around the house. She's not sure if Walt is still coming, but surely they are. She said she and Tom might try to come just for the day on Saturday, which would be fun.

Either way, though, I know it'll be a great weekend. I'm really looking forward to staying with CG and Joe. And I told CG I'd take her out to get pedicures for her birthday, and this weekend is perfect! We'll let the guys hang out and ... scratch, or whatever it is they'll do, :) and we'll go get pampered!

I'm excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pedicures are sooo wonderful, what a great birthday present. Have a great time!

Courtney said...

hee hee.. I likt the "scratch" comment. :)