Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Random questions, thoughts and confessions

Guys sure make funny noises at the gym.


If you know someone who's OCD, it's definitely not funny to move his or her things around. Seriously. My friends used to always do this to me, and it drove me nuts. Even moving two things a half an inch. My ex-boyfriend used to do this to me. It really stressed me out! (Notice I said ex-boyfriend.)


Does anyone know how to make coffee without a coffee maker? I'm pretty sure coffee has been around longer than coffee makers, but what did people do then?


Why is it that I can walk into a really good-smelling store, and when I leave, I smell the same, but if I walk into a smoky restaurant or a barbecue place, my hair takes on those smells -- and seems to want to hold onto them even after I've washed it. Twice.


Life is rough without a microwave! I wouldn't recommend it. Once in college, ours went out, and our apartment took like two weeks to get us a new one. Finally, I called and said, "This isn't working. We're starving over here." They brought us one later that day. If they hadn't, I might not be here today.


I think my bladder is an inconvenience. I don't have a bladder problem or even a small bladder, but i find it often gets in the way of my tasks. Many times, for example, I have been feeling very productive or "in the zone" at work, only to feel a growing need to go to the restroom. Often, I put it off as long as I can. It's a hassle! I have to stop what I'm doing, go down the hall, mess with a toilet seat cover ...


I'm sick of hearing about Katie Couric. And I went to college to be a TV reporter! Seriously -- she's switching stations. That's it! The purpose of TV news is not to report on those whose job it is to report the news. Especially when they'll be continuing to do so, just on a different network at a different time.


Pizza and salad are an awesome combo.


Coca-Cola Zero is awesome. If you haven't tried it, you should.


While I'm at promoting "healthy" junk food, if you haven't tried it, you have to try Dreyer's light ice cream. It's so good!!! Chocolate Fudge Chunk is awesome. I have not broken into my new tub of Double Fudge Brownie yet, but I'm sure it's just as good.


Isn't it weird that cleaning makes you dirty?


Why on TV do the networks bleep out "hole" in the world "a$$hole"? And why do they bleep out "God" in "G-d d@--"?


I think saying "G-d d@--" is worse than the "f-word."


There are a lot of women and girls who make themselves look chubby or bigger than they are by the way they dress.


I'm totally straight and in love with my boyfriend (who I hope will be my fiance soon!). But sometimes, I'll see a woman and think, "Wow, she is so gorgeous," or "She looks so pretty." And it makes me wish that I could tell her because if someone thought that about me, I would like to know. It's a good ego boost! I never say anything, though, because many people would think that was weird or think I was a lesbian or crazy or something. I wish society wasn't that way. But at the same time, I would feel slightly uncomfortable (just slightly) if some random chick came up to me and said something like that. I guess it would depend on what she looked like (like if she looked like she hadn't showered in a week and her clothes were torn and dirty, versus a girl who looks like she's clean and, well, normal).


There's a radio station where I live that often holds contests for girls to call in and tell the most outrageous stories. Once, this girl won for using her brother's razor that he uses on his face to shave her *ahem* bikini area. She did it because she didn't like his girlfriend. And she won the tickets. I've also heard this station giving away tickets to girls for the most outrageous lies they've told to their boyfriends. One girl cheated on her boyfriend with two of his friends. I think one of them was even married. Every time they have these contests, I want to call the station and tell them they suck for promoting such trash. But the line is always busy.


I hate "fake-baking," but I've totally been doing it lately because I'm going with K to visit his family over Easter. The skirt I'm wearing on Easter Sunday is white, and if I don't fake-bake, you won't be able to tell where the skirt stops and my legs start. Okay, so maybe it's not that drastic, but it's not too much of an exaggeration. (And I'm only going to get a lightly bronzed look for me, which for others is a pretty normal-to-light tan skin tone.)


I'm willing to bet that the word "confessions" in the title of this post is what makes most people want to read it. (Busted ya, right?) ;)

2 comments:

k said...

I always try to tell other women when I think they look good. I don’t think it comes off as sexual – I don’t say, you are really hott or anything like that – just that color looks really good on you. Or I love your haircut… I don’t think women compliment other women enough, instead we talk a lot of shit about each other. And it does make you feel good when someone else gives you a compliment, and not just a random catcall by a fella. And if they do think you are weird, well they are a stranger so you’ll probably never see them again anyway!

Courtney said...

I loved this post!

:)