Friday, April 28, 2006

Worst Friday ever

I guess all of my (four or five) readers were as stuck on my situation as I am. I'm staying here because that's what I feel like I should do. My best friends only have one birthday a year. I won't get to see K this weekend, but I'm taking off work next Friday because I'm flying out that morning with him back to Pennsylvania for his cousin's wedding. Maybe the weekend after that, we can do as we'd planned this weekend and spend it all to ourselves.

I'm still very bummed about it, though, because I had thought all week until Wednesday that I was going to get to see him this weekend. It wouldn't have been so bad if I'd known it would turn out this way last weekend.

And it's going to rain all weekend. Bummer!

I got to work this morning, and my boss has this giant to-do list for me. I'm doing the majority of the projects for this weekend, and it's taking everything I have not to ask, "JUST WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO ALL DAY?!!" The other girl in the department whose job is similar to mine is working from home today because she's sick. So I'm going to be picking up part of her job as well, which I totally don't mind doing because she's awesome and always thanks me like crazy for helping her, and she always does anything she can to help me out when I need it. She's one of the few parts of my job that make me feel good and appreciated. My boss isn't as great at thanking or ready with the compliments as she is. He's a nice guy, I'm just starting to think he's really lazy and it's frustrating me.

But I have this to-do list to start on. If I don't get to work, our projects won't get done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get to your post in time. I wouldn't have known what to say but I think you made a great decision. Even though it sucks that most of your weekend won't be much fun, you are being such a loyal friend, and friendships outlast boyfriends, even marriages sometimes. She will always appreciate this.

Maybe you can make a special date to take her out, just you and her on Sunday? It doesn't have a to be a big party, just lunch at a special restaurant, or go see something new just for fun? Just to make it extra special.

Hopefully you will get to have your weekend with K soon!!

Courtney said...

I read your blog yesterday... but I didn't have an answer, so I didn't commetn. sorry. You probably are making the right decision. Ugh. Right decisions can seem like bummers some times.

But I'm sure you and ER will have a lovely time. Take lots of pictures... I love pictures and find that they make any event better. :)

my life is brilliant said...

Oh, trust me, I always take pictures! One thing about me is my camera is with me at all -- and I mean all! -- times.

If I'm staying here, there are going to be lots of Long Island iced teas and lots of pictures. It's gonna be a freakin' blast, dammit!!! ;)

s said...

I also read your post the other day and didn't know what to tell you. It is always so hard choosing, but I think you did the right thing and hey, a weekend full of long island ice teas and pictures can never be bad!


Have a great weekend : )