Sunday, April 30, 2006

Okay, I'm glad

I went to Linens N Things and after looking for forever finally found some gifts on K's cousin's registry. Then I went to GAP and exchanged my duplicate shirt for one in green. While I was there, I found a cute grey, three-quarter sleeve cable-knit sweater that I tried on. I really liked it and decided I was going to get it because it was on sale and really cute. But I decided to think through my wardrobe to make sure I didn't have one like it. It's a good thing I thought about it like that because I do have a long sleeve grey sweater that's pretty similar. At least that means I like my wardrobe! :)

ER called me at 9:45 and said they had just gotten their food at dinner, so our plans for meeting at 10 were going to be pushed back. WK and I decided to go ahead and meet there before everyone else because we hadn't made any other plans. I guess ER and her boyfriend ate fast, though, because it was only about 30 minutes before they called and said they were leaving for the bar.

It was good hanging out with everyone. It was ER, her boyfriend, WK, Emily's ex-boyfriend Steve (who she dated for like 4 years, so he's friends with ER too), and three of ER's boyfriend's friends. ER said, "It's so good to see you at night when it's not Wednesday." I know she meant it as a compliment, but it made me feel kind of bad. Most weekends I stay pretty busy either going to see K in Louisiana or going somewhere to see someone. When K and I are here on the weekends, though, we usually meet up with everyone and go out on Saturday night (since it's so late when he gets here Friday).

Anyway, we just hung out and talked, and I did take a lot of pictures. The bar we were at gives out mudslides with a little sparkler on it for birthdays. It was really good! It was a huge stack of chocolate chip ice cream on some sort of weird (but delicious!) chocolate wafer-like crust, and there was warm chocolate sauce. Mmm!!!





We stayed out until about 1:30, and then everyone was tired. It was a good time, though. ER, WK and I told a lot of funny college stories. ER's boyfriend's friend and I debated college football because the guy was a UT (ugh!) grad. I love talking about college football. We talked about Texas, "cougars" and the "$30,000 millionaire."

Steve and I are both new to the city, and he asked me how I like it. WK and ER are both from here, and they both love it, so I leaned behind WK and looked at Steve, gave him the thumbs down and said, "No." He nodded, agreeing. Then we talked about how it's such a pretentious city. And everyone at the table agreed. I told everyone that it's probably just the difference between living in a city and a small town. I've still only been here for 9 months, and I'm getting used to it.

But it was a great, relaxing, fun night with great conversation and lots of laughs and pictures. So I'm glad I stayed for it. I still wish K was here, but he's enjoying himself in Louisiana, too. They're actually building the fence right now.

ER invited me to her birthday dinner with her parents tonight. I call them my Texas family, and they joke about how I'm part of the family anyway. So I think I'm going to go to the gym and get a few more things done before dinner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you can't say ugh about UT. I LIVE in the town. If they knew I read your blog they would GET me ;) !

I think it really is Dallas. I couldn't believe the snobby people when we went up there last month. Austin isn't like that, heck the rest of Texas isn't like that! Much more like ER and her family :) . That aside, Dallas does seem like a pretty cool place with lots of things to do and it's always fun to be able to talk with someone who's so new to everything as well and feels the same way you do.

Anonymous said...

yes, i think Dallas also. because i live here. and it is pretentious. and snobby. and people are rude. and it's got a lot of flat, concrete terrain.

can you tell i'm ready to move?

my life is brilliant said...

Oh my gosh! Jes, it's so nice to know I'm not alone.

Yes, I live in Dallas. And I don't like it. People suck here (not all of them, just the ones I run into most days). I'm ready to move too -- and I've only been here 9 months!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!