Friday, April 21, 2006

Oklahoma-bound

K is on his way here right now, and we'll hang out for a bit and head to Oklahoma! I'm excited! I haven't been since Christmas. I've been busy!

Since I've been home, I've been to Savannah, Georgia; NYC; Pennsylvania (twice); and Louisiana more times than I can count. And Fort Worth, but that's still in Texas. I guess, actually, I went to Lawton, Oklahoma, in February, but I haven't been to my hometown since Christmas.

We'll get there kind of late tonight, but tomorrow K and I will get up and go running around the park. Then, we'll have my dad's famous barbecue at his store for lunch. That night, my mom is coming in with her husband, which will be interesting because I haven't talked to my mom in like two months at least because we're fighting. But we'll all go to dinner. And then she and her husband are going to watch my brother race. Obviously, K and I will be going to the races, too.

What's really cool, though, is that there's a special race afterward, and K and I will get to race each other in it! It'll be crazy! I drove my brother's race car once when I was 18, I think, and I swore I'd never do it again. I told K he should feel lucky because the only reason I'm doing it is because he's doing it too.

That Sunday, we'll all get up and go golfing. All the guys in my family golf, and my dad has some friends who will be visiting this weekend from Norman, where I went to college. I'm excited for K to meet them. I'm hoping that K has something to *ahem* ask my dad. That'd be awesome.

Everyone at work keeps asking me about when "it's" coming, and several of my friends are, too. So exciting. Hopefully sooner than later!!!

No comments: