Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Who can be productive on a Tuesday night?

Last night, I had a pretty productive night. I'm proud of myself! I came home and immediately plugged in my new Foreman grill, then I started doing laundry as it heated up. I cooked the chicken that was left from my night of cooking with K. Then, I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed my apartment while my food settled. After that, I went to the gym.

Tonight, on the other hand, I got home early and have been sitting on the couch watching TV since then. I did get up to go get a pizza (I'm sick of chicken!). But American Idol is on! How can I be expected to have a productive night when American Idol is on?!

And can I just say, for the record, that Paula Abdul's clapping drives me insane? It's a mixture of a rich suburban mom who's had a bit too much wine to drink and is just leaving the salon from getting a manicure, and a baby who doesn't know how to clap yet. At least the baby looks cute; Paula just looks like an idiot.

While I'm being honest, Elliott's machine-gun vibrato drives me nuts, and I can't stand that one gnarly tooth. Paris finally looks like she got her clothes from a normal store instead of an overgrown Barbie closet. And Ace's eyes can't keep him around too much longer.

Kellie and Chris are my favorites, and I can't deny Katharine's talent. And Taylor is awesome, too, for being different. I hope they're all in the top five.

No comments: