Monday, May 01, 2006

Turning 23 is going to be awesome!

Dinner last night was so great! ER's family is so awesome, and it was a blast hanging out with all of them. As soon as I got to the door, ER said, "I have a beer poured and waiting for you!" The food was great, and one of ER's grandmothers (both were there) brought a chocolate cake that had strawberries on the top around the edges. Mmm!! Her grandparents and parents were telling a lot of funny stories from when ER was little. Her family is so laid-back and cool.

They were talking about past birthday parties. Evidently ER had a lot of pool parties, since they have a pool at their house. I had a pool party when I was 16 at the Elks Lodge in our town, and it was so fun! It was just several of my close friends -- girls and guys -- and we had a blast just goofing off in the pool. I think I got thrown in 8 times.

Anyway, when we were leaving, ER was talking about how it's funny that when we started college, 23 seemed so old. Now, obviously it doesn't. I mean, ER's boyfriend is 31, and K is 27. That's old! (j/k) :) So of course I had to tease ER and say, "Well, I'm not there yet!" Her family asked when my birthday is, and ER blurted out, "August 17!" Her parents were like, "Well, we'll have to have a birthday party for you here!" And they were being serious. I could totally have a 23rd birthday pool party at the parents' house of one of my best friends. How awesome is that?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That IS awesome. Even better if you put me on the invite list :) . Hehe.

Friends like that, the ones that are so close they feel like your own family, are priceless. That's really awesome that you have that where you are.