Monday, June 05, 2006

I love this cat ...

Good news! K got my laptop to turn on! I still think it might be a good idea to consider getting a new one, but it's nice to know that the thing will turn on. (Pathetic, I know -- but there are so many other things I'd rather spend money on than a stupid computer when the one I have works just fine -- when it turns on, anyway.)

K and I are both totally in love with this cat. Unfortunately, we can't decide on a name for her yet. She's Siamese, but she's really sweet, which is evidently unusual for that breed. We have it narrowed down to four: Pepper, Jubilee, Jewel (because her eyes are this crazy bright blue) or Noodle. I think it may come down to either Jewel or Noodle. Both are great -- Jewel really fits her eyes, but it may seem too snobbish, which she's not. And Noodle is just fun and awesome. :)

K is being so cute about her. When we've left his place this weekend, he actually turns on music so she'll have something to listen to. :) He bought all these toys for her on Friday while I was driving down. It's adorable. :)

In case you were ever thinking about taking a cat for a 5-hour car ride, let me say it's not a good idea. She was great for the first hour and a half or so, but then she started meowing a whole lot. Next thing I knew, she was circling in the carrier. I didn't know what was going on, but I had my suspicions. I was saying, "Cat, what are you doing?" And all of a sudden, there was this awful smell. She had pooped in her carrier. Luckily, there was a little pillow in there that Emily had given me for the carrier. I had to pull over at this whole-in-the-wall gas station because of course I was like 20 miles from the nearest town. She managed to keep herself clean, which was impressive. Pretty much after that, though, she was not crazy about the ride.

She is the most adorable kitty, though. She loves being held and cuddling. She purrs constantly, and she also barely sticks her tongue out quite a bit. It's so cute! K asked if there was something wrong with her or if she was mildly retarded. I think she just does it when she's purring. Or maybe she has a Gene Simmons tongue or something. :)

She's also playful, and she really likes to lick for some reason. :) She's so adorable, though, and I think I'm really going to miss her this week back in Dallas.

While my laptop is back in service, I am very sad to say that my digital camera appears to be messing up. I don't know if the lighting is really bad in K's apartment, or if something is off on my camera. I've tried to take pictures of the cat, but they've all come out really dark. This usually isn't a problem with my camera. Whatever the problem is, I hope it gets better because it'll make me really sad to not have a camera. If there is a problem, though, a camera is something that I would spend money on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Jewel! It sounds like a diva, but in a good way. A siamese has got to be some sort of diva :) not even getting herself dirty when she poopoos. Hehe. She sounds precious. I love when animals are part of the family!