Thursday, June 15, 2006

More 'wtf' moments ...

I was at work today, and my boss came in my office with some papers he'd printed out and copied to be passed out to certain people. He said to me, "Can you pass these out?" They only go to like four people -- me, whose office he was in, and two others whose offices he'd pass on the way back to his own. But sure, boss, I'll get the exercise.

And last night I was asleep in bed when I was startled awake by my cell phone, which was on my nightstand because K was supposed to call me when he got in from hanging out with the guys. I was surprised to see that I was getting a text message from Brad. I opened my phone, and the text message said, "I love you."

WTF?! I had replied to his message he originally sent me. He had mentioned a few other things in the 10 or so sentences -- one of which was the wedding of one of his best friends. I said in my reply, "It seems like a lot of people are getting married this summer and next summer. Hopefully I'll be in the next summer group myself." I figured this would come as no surprise, since I've been dating the same guy for quite some time. Brad is on facebook, and I'm on facebook. He's seen my profile, which has albums with pictures of K and me together, and my profile picture has been updated pictures of K and me since last August or so. And my "status" line says I'm in a relationship. I've put quotes on my profile from things I thought were cool that K said about our future. I wasn't telling Brad anything he didn't already know.

But I don't know if that had anything to do with the message or what. I imagine it was probably a drunken text message, but still, I can only come to one conclusion from both of my WTF moments for the day (or the first 10 hours of it, anyway):

Boys are weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is strange. Your boss needs to come to his senses and it sounds like Brad does too!!!