Friday, June 02, 2006

Blurbs

  • I was having several maintenance problems at my apartment, and the people I talked to in the office did not seem competent because they were all telling me different things and nothing was getting done. I finally got in touch with the assistant manager (it was much tougher than you'd think) yesterday. I e-mailed her a bulleted list of everything that has happened in the past almost-year. I briefly and tactfully explained everything. I guess I got a hold of the right person, because everything is getting fixed!
  • I finally braved wearing a skirt to work today because it's always so cold. It's actually not bad!
  • My laptop (which K hates and insists I get a new one or let him get me a new one, which I don't want him to do because it's not his job to buy me new electronics -- especially expensive ones) has decided to stop turning on. It's kinda old, I guess, but it does what I need it to. Well, it used to. I think the power connector ... thing ... is just too old or something. This is the fourth time this has happened, but it's the second in one week (before then it was two times in the course of the past year, I think). That's kinda scary. Especially since my laptop has all my digital pictures on it. I'm taking my computer to K's because he has an external hard drive and can back them all up. And he got my computer to turn on last weekend when it was doing this. I guess it likes him better. Just for that, I might have to get a new one! :)
  • I'm going to Louisiana today to spend the weekend with K. I was originally planning to leave from work, but ...
  • We're getting a cat! ER called me today. Her roommate, Emily, had found a cat a few days ago and brought it home. It had no collar, and it wasn't microchipped or anything. They posted fliers, but no one has responded. ER knows I like cats, so she called me asking if I want one. K and I both love them, and we've talked about how awesome it would be to have a pet. I'm afraid I'm not home enough, but cats are easier and don't require as much time as dogs. This cat needed a nice home, so I called K. He's all for it! His roommate said he was fine with having it at their place, since it's bigger than mine, there are two of them who live there and they're home more than me because they live closer to work. K's roommate's only request was that it not have a girlie name. I have always wanted a pet named Jubilee, but if that didn't fit the pet's personality, the name would be Boomer (for Boomer Sooner!). I figured it was only fair for K to get to help decide, since it's his cat, too, and staying at his place. K said we should name him Juggernaut (in honor of XMen 3). I think it's just funny enough to be awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fun weekend! When do we get to see a pic of little Juggernaut? But I really do like the sound of Jubilee.