Sunday, June 11, 2006

K's mom

K's mom died yesterday morning. I talked to him when I woke up at about 9:30, and he said she wasn't doing well. She was having trouble breathing and was wheezing. K called me I guess right after she passed. He was upset, of course, but he said that she went peacefully. His whole family was there with her. I've talked to him several times over the past couple of days, and he seems to be doing well. They all know that his mom is in a better place and that she's not hurting anymore. It helps that they knew it was coming and were all able to be there with her.

I tried to look up tickets to make it up there for K, but the cheapest ticket I could find was $863, and that even had two layovers. I didn't know if it would just add to the to-do list if I came, since they'd have to rearrange schedules to pick me up from the airport. I told K that I'd looked for tickets. He said not to think twice about it, and that that price was too ridiculous to pay to go.

I hate it that I can't be there with him because I know it'll be hard when they have the viewing and the funeral and everything. The viewing is on Tuesday and the burial on Wednesday. He's probably going to come back Thursday night or Friday morning and come to Dallas on Friday.

Anyway, hearing his family in the background and talking to K, his family seems to be taking it well so far. But I know things like that always become more real a few days later when it really hits you. I'm sure the funeral will be tough, too. So please keep K and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

s said...

im really sorry for his loss. i will be thinking of him and his family. it's hard when someone you love loses someone so close and dear to them. i'll also be thinking of you so you can stay strong for him.