Monday, June 19, 2006

Life (already) revolves around the cat :)

Friday night with ER and Emily was pretty cool. We went to this bar that was a little less laid back than I like, but it was fun. It was very posh and swanky, and it played hip hop and had a live DJ. I prefer chilled out sports bars that play classic rock and fun '80s, '90s and today songs, but we had fun.

Saturday I was productive and got my to-do list done before I picked K up at the airport. It was so good to see him again! We grabbed a pizza on the way home and had just enough time to eat, chill for a few mintues, get ready and then head off to Grant's reception. It was great to see Grant again, and he really seemed to like K.

Sunday we slept in and cuddled and watched TV. I fixed us some hamburgers for lunch before we headed back to Louisiana to eat at Johnny Carinos and pick up his truck from the airport.

K was able to make an appointment to get Noodle in to the vet -- tomorrow at 12:30. Luckily, I was able to call my boss and rework my schedule for the week. I'll just make up the time I'll miss tomorrow the rest of this week, which will suck, but it'll be way better than driving five hours back to K's apartment when he's not here just to pick up the cat, turn around and head back. And this way, we'll know if she's been spayed or not before she gets to my place. Tomorrow she's getting all her kitty shots, and she'll get microchipped and all that fun stuff. So we'll know (hopefully) a lot more about her this time tomorrow. And then I get to drive her back to Dallas. Hopefully she'll take the ride better this time!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

We used to actually give our cats their shots ourselves. We bought them at the local grange and the vet taught us how to administer them. It wasn't fun, but it saved us a lot of money and trips to the vet!

So glad K is home safe. Enjoy your time together!

s said...

i'm glad that you and k got to have such an enjoyable weekend. i hope k is doing well.