Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Not that I'm superstitious, but ...

boy am I glad today is over. I just don't like the date!

I had a pretty decent day as far as days go. Today was my short day at work, so I got home earlier than most days. ER and I were supposed to go to dinner tonight. She called me while I was still at work, and I told her I'd be leaving soon and would call her to figure out where we wanted to go. I called her several times after I left work and on my way home, but she didn't answer the phone. I decided to just go home and started cooking myself some chicken. She called when it was almost done (after the Foreman heated up and the chicken, which had been frozen, was pretty well cooked) to see if I still wanted to go.

We always do our girls dinner on Wednesdays, but ER had called me last Thursday to see if I wanted to get pizza. I had already planned to go to the gym and pack for K's, so I told her I'd take a rain check and we could hang out one night this week. Yesterday, we decided that night would be tonight. One one hand, I felt kinda bad for just coming home and starting to cook, but on the other, I'd talked to her a little after 5 and told her I'd call her back soon. I tried until 6:15-ish to call her, and she didn't answer, so I gave up.

I went to the gym tonight. One of my friends from OU, Jeremy, moved to Dallas a couple weeks ago and actually lives about a half a mile from me. I got him to start going to my gym. We tend to go about the same time, so we work out together sometimes. We did back and arms tonight. It's nice having someone to work out with. Especially a guy who knows more about different machines and techniques, since I pretty much have no clue.

And I braved the elliptical for the first time since I'd dislocated my knee. I feel pretty good!

I miss K, though. I always miss him more when I know I won't get to see him that weekend. And I miss the cat, too, to top it off. I've made a to-do list for the weekend, though, so I get things done and won't be sitting around doing nothing. I might even do a little shopping this weekend (Bath & Body Works sale!) ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the SAME WAY about yesterday. I did nothing unless I haaaaaad to, and even then, it was limited. I felt so weird, because I'm not superstitious, but now that the day is over, I guess I am a little.