Friday, June 16, 2006

Good things

K switched his flight to where he's flying in now to Dallas on Saturday, so I'll go pick him up there. One of my very best guy friends from college, Grant, got married (destination wedding) last weekend, and we're going to his reception Saturday night. I'm excited because it's been about a year since I've seen him, and he's never met K before. So I'll get to see K tomorrow and my friend Grant, and they'll get to meet!

I went to ER's house lsat night for Emily's birthday. It was pretty fun and laid-back. We're going out tonight, too, which is exciting.

I mentioned to ER there that two people in the past week have told me that my hair looks like it's getting straighter, which is sad for a girl with curly hair. I said that I had switched conditioner, though, (Herbal Essences to Biolage) and maybe that had something to do with it. Emily had a friend there who worked at a spa, and she asked, "Is it a conditioning balm?" I said, "Yeah, actually, it is." She said it weighs your hair down, so that might be it. She told me about this good kind that's specifically for curly hair. And she gets a 45% discount! She's going to buy it today at work and I'll get it tonight. Perfect timing, too, 'cause I'm about out of the conditioning balm!

When I was driving home from ER and Emily's house last night, for some random reason, I wrapped my fingers around my bicep. When I used to do this, my fingers used to almost touch. There was barely space between them. Now, however, there's a good inch-and-a-half to two inches between my fingertips. Which is awesome because it means my bicep workouts are doing something. (FYI: I've always had skinny arms, and they're still girly looking. They're just more toned. Not Madonna toned or anything, but toned.)

Sunday night, I'm driving K back to Louisiana. I'll get to see Noodle, and we'll take her to the vet on Monday. Then, she'll come back with me to Dallas that night. K is having a guys' weekend next weekend, so Noodle will keep me company then. And the week after that (last week in June), K and I will go to Pennsylvania, so Jeremy is going to cat-sit for us. Woo hoo!

I'm pretty excited about all that stuff. Good things, good things. :)

No comments: