Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I think my arms are going to fall off

I went to the gym tonight and worked out with my friend Jeremy (the one who moved down here about a month ago). I got him to go to my gym, so we're gym partners whenever I go -- I'm not as dedicated as he is. :)

It's good that I'm working out with him, though, because he knows what he's doing more than I do. For instance, whenever I go, I typically do the same thing, which isn't good because it's less effective because it just becomes muscle memory. Tonight, Jeremy and I did chest and biceps. (I did cardio on the bike while he did a few chest things, though.) My arms feel dead. I really think they might fall off. Or I'll wake up and they won't move.

I got an interesting facebook message today from Brad. It was kind of random because I haven't talked to him in several months, and it's been a while since we've even sent a quick message on facebook. Anyway, the whole thing was only 10 sentences. The first part was just about his brothers and his friends. Then, he said this: "And I finally hooked up with two girls at the same time."

Congratulations? Honestly, I felt nothing when I read that -- no anger, no hurt, nothing like that. I did feel a little sorry for him and slightly disgusted. Okay, really disgusted. Because I don't know what he meant by "hooked up with." His first kiss was with two girls when he was 16, so it makes me think he may have meant ... well, whatever. Anyway, I don't know what I'm supposed to say to that. Or why he thinks I would care or even want to know, especially since I'm just about the last girl on earth who would think that was cool or something. He knows this. I think it's sad that he's taking something like that so lightly.

I talked to K after I left the gym, and he's doing well. He was hanging out with Tom and Kristin, his family and other friends after the wake. He said a ton of people came by. It was three hours long, and he said there were tons of people there the whole time. He got to see people he hadn't seen in a long time.

I'm glad he's taking it all so well. I hope tomorrow morning (the funeral) goes as well for him. I sent some flowers, so I hope they're pretty. I still really wish I was there. I miss K like crazy, too. I can't wait to see him and give him a giant hug. In four days I can do just that. If I can move my arms.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Good thoughts and prayers for you and K. Funerals are so surreal, between missing the one who's gone and seeing people from long ago. It's a strange mixture of ache and joy.

Your first paragraph reminded me that I have a gym membership for another whole month! So that's only one more month that I'll have to feel guilty for not going. Woohoo!

And Brad? Eww.

Anonymous said...

My neighbor's been trying to get me to go to the gym with her. I wish I wasn't so darn lazy and WOULD. I'm just not a spontaneous gym person so I'm trying to actually plan it for tomorrow. Haha she's running past now.

They say every guy thinks about that but how immature do you have to be to actually go through that?! I do think they take that stuff lightly on the West Coast. There's too many of those horror stories I have to tell from people I know.

Glad K is doing well. Will be praying everything continues to.

Unknown said...

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Who says stuff like that? To their ex? What a freaking idiot. You are SO RIGHT- change is GOOD!!