Sunday, October 01, 2006

Better late than never

My stupid apartment office held my laptop hostage for a day. Actually, they close before I get home from work, so when I checked online and saw my computer had been delivered, I called the office to make sure the package was in there. The apartment manager lied to me and said it wasn't. Considering that I called at about 5:30, I know UPS couldn't have delivered it after I called.

I got home that night and sure enough, there was the "Oops, we missed you" slip from UPS. I went to the office first thing Saturday morning and picked up my laptop. It's totally awesome. It's the first new, nice electronic I've ever owned. In fact, it's really the most expensive new thing at all that I've ever owned. I've always gotten used cars. My clarinets (I have a plastic one and a wooden one, as do most people who play clarinet up until high school and beyond) were both used.

I'm pretty excited about this computer. :)

As promised, though a bit delayed, here are pictures of what K sent me from Afghanistan.



















Noodle wasn't being very friendly.







So that's my gift from K. The little Army hat on it says "Bagram, Afghanistan." I named him Warrior. It works perfectly for so many reasons. K is mainly at Task Force Warrior in Afghanistan. He's a warrior in himself for what he's doing there. Plus, the little camel's face looks really hardcore for a camel. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the camel and the new background; football has a whole different meaning up here in the north..a.k.a it's no fun. i want to move where there's team spirit and go tailgating- mostly i just want to tailgate and eat ha, and watch foootball too :)